Who: Students in Grades 9 – 12
What: Write a poem or short story!
When: Due to Ms. Lindsay in D407 by January 7, 2019 along with a signed parent contract
- Entries must be original work.
- All entries must use no smaller than 12 point font in Times New Roman or Comic Sans.
- Short story entry may range from a minimum of 800 words to no more than 2,000 words.
- Poem entry will consist of a single poem, any style from a minimum of 25 words to no more than 300 words.
- Entries must not include graphics.
- Each entry must include a completed cover sheet signed by the student author and sponsoring teacher.
- Entry meets all of the above guidelines.
- Story reflects creativity and appropriate use of language and short story structure.
- Poem reflects creative and appropriate use of language and imagery.
- Entries of a violent nature will be deemed inappropriate.
- Any violation(s) of these guidelines or criteria will disqualify the entry. The decisions of the state judge panel are final.